Helping Local Students Achieve
Through the generosity of our donors, the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta has been able to award thousands of dollars to post-secondary students from our region. In 2021 the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta presented over $29,000 in Student Award Funds to post-secondary students from Northwestern Alberta. Together we are supporting the community leaders of tomorrow.
Financial circumstances shouldn’t be a barrier to post-secondary education. That’s why the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta offers a range of student awards to help students with financial need achieve their post-secondary goals.
Applying for student awards can be confusing and intimidating. We have put together some handy tips to consider before you apply for one of our student awards. Make sure you read these thoroughly before submitting an application.
Notes About The Process
- Ask others, including school counsellors, about awards offered through employers or service clubs outside of the foundation. There are many awards that do not get claimed every year depending on application requirements.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED UNTIL 2023 – watch for the portal to open in 2023 by subscribing below to our newsletter.
Please complete the application and submit no later than August 15, 2022 at 11:45 p.m.
- Applicants will be advised of the selection committee’s decision mid September.
- If you have questions, please ask Rhonda by email or calling the office.
- Awards will be paid directly to the institution of study and will be applied to the recipient’s tuition and book fees. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- This Student Award Program would not be possible without the contribution of our many donors. The Community Foundation does its best to thank and recognize the supporters of our awards program however, the most powerful acknowledgment is the expression of appreciation made by you. Please take a moment to forward a note of thanks to our office; a copy will be sent to the donor.