Student Award Applications are now closed. Please come back in 2020 to apply!
Financial circumstances shouldn’t be a barrier to post-secondary education. That’s why the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta offers a range of student awards to help students with financial need achieve their post-secondary goals.
Applying for student awards can be confusing and intimidating. We have put together some handy tips to consider before you apply for one of our student awards. Make sure you read these thoroughly before submitting an application.
Notes About The Process
- Start early. Give yourself enough time to find the awards that are perfect for you — there could be more than one. Complete list of 2019 student awards here.
- Ask parents and others about awards offered through employers or service clubs.
- Please complete the application and submit no later than September 30, 2019 at 11:45 p.m.
- Applicants will be advised of the selection committee’s decision mid November 2019. An awards ceremony will be held on December 4, 2019 for award recipients.
- If you have questions, ask.
- Awards will be paid directly to the institution of study and will be applied to the recipient’s tuition and book fees. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- This Student Award Program would not be possible without the contribution of our many donors. The Community Foundation does its best to thank and recognize the supporters of our awards program however, the most powerful acknowledgment is the expression of appreciation made by you. Please take a moment to forward a note of thanks to our office; a copy will be sent to the donor.